This lovely recipe was adapted from Nigella. They’re perfect for rainy days. And sunny days. And all the days. You could add some walnuts for extra tastiness!
- 200g soft unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g brown sugar
- 115g wholegrain rye flour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line your your baking tray (approximately 20 x 15cm) with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and 3/4 of the chocolate together in a saucepan.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla.
- Roughly chop the remaining chocolate.
- When the chocolate mixture has melted, let it cool a bit before beating in the eggs and sugar mixture, and then the flour, salt and chopped chocolate.
- Combine the mixture and then scrape out of the saucepan into the lined tray.
- Bake for around 25 minutes.
- When its’s ready, the top should be dried to a paler brown speckle, but the middle still dark and dense and gooey.
- Keep checking the brownies as they cook; remember that they will continue to cook as they cool.