These muffins are 100% wholegrain and low in sugar. They’re a great nutritious snack for kids. We generally throw in at least half a cup of discarded sourdough starter but it won’t hurt to add more if you want.
- 1 1/2 cups of rosella wholewheat flour
- 1 cup of khorasan flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of discarded sourdough starter
- 90g of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of raw sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of runny yoghurt
- 2 eggs beaten lightly
- 200g of strawberries, chopped
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a 12 hole muffin pan
- Combine flours and baking powder in a large bowl. Mix in oil, sourdough starter, yoghurt, sugar and eggs. Be careful not to over mix. Stir in the strawberry and chocolate.
- Spoon mixture into the muffin pan holes and bake for about 20 minutes. Enjoy!