These pancakes are 100% wholewheat and use honey instead of sugar. Pancakes are an easy way to experiment with wholegrain flours, appreciate their flavour and take advantage of nutritional benefits. They’re also great for using up discarded sourdough starter.
- 1 1/2 cups of wholewheat rosella flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp honey (optional)
- 3 eggs (beat the egg whites if you like your pancakes extra fluffy)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup of natural yogurt
- 1/2 cup of sourdough starter (optional)
- Combine flour with baking powder
- Add honey, eggs, milk, yogurt and starter. Whisk to combine.
- Heat up your pan and fry away with plenty of butter!