This is a basic vanilla cake recipe adapted from Donna Hay’s Basics to Brilliance. You can use whatever seasonal fruits you have on hand, with or without the coconut chips.
- 125g butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups of rosella wholewheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- 1/4 cup of sourdough starter (optional)
- 3-4 peaches sliced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut chips or dessicated coconut
- Place the butter, flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla, eggs, sourdough starter and coconut cream in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 160 C
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and layer the peach slices on top. Sprinkle the coconut chips and brown sugar over the peaches.
- Bake for 55- 60 minutes.
- Set aside to cool in tin for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack.